总是 (總是)
zǒng shì
Pinyin
Definition
总是 (總是)
-
- always
Character Decomposition
Idioms (20)
一是一,二是二
- 1 lit. one is one, two is two (idiom)
- 2 fig. things are (or ought to be) perfectly clear-cut
- 3 unequivocal
一身是胆
- 1 devoid of fear (idiom)
- 2 intrepid
不是一家人不进一家门
- 1 people who don't belong together, don't get to live together (idiom)
- 2 marriages are predestined
- 3 people marry because they share common traits
不是冤家不聚头
- 1 destiny will make enemies meet (idiom)
- 2 (often said about lovers who have a disagreement)
不是鱼死就是网破
- 1 lit. either the fish dies or the net gets torn (idiom)
- 2 fig. it's a life-and-death struggle
- 3 it's either him or me
Sample Sentences
主管,他总是喜欢拖延,我比较不喜欢和他一起工作。
Mister, he has a tendency to procrastinate. I don’t really like to work with him.
我的同学总是一直抱怨书读不完。宁做蚂蚁腿,不学麻雀嘴。一直说话不读书,当然读不完啦。
My classmate always complains there is too much to study. Do more and talk less. If you keep talking instead of studying, then of course you can't finish studying.
他做事总是拖泥带水。
His work is always sloppy.
你总是要我在你身旁,说幸福该是什么模样。
You’ve always wanted me to be next to you, saying how love is supposed to be.
哈哈!依我看一定是你边上课边惹她不愉快吧?你们俩总是打打闹闹的,有你在她的心也很难平静。
Ha ha! As I see it, you must have been upsetting your wife while you were in class, no? You two are always arguing, so it’s hard for her to settle down when you’re there.
谢谢你,我都习惯了,带孩子出门总是很麻烦。
Thank you, I'm already used to it, taking the kids out of the house is always a hassle.
明明知道我心情不好,还用这么丧的毒鸡汤刺激我,真是太可恶了。爱我的话就要让我幸福地大笑啊,干嘛总是冷嘲热讽。
You clearly know I'm in a bad mood, and you still use this depressing toxic chicken soup to irritate me. You're such a drag. If you love me you should make me laugh merrily. Why are you always mocking and ridiculing me?
以前在学校读书的时候,特别是在考试之前,一定有一位同学总是说:“这次考试好简单呀!不用读、不用读。”
Back when I was studying at school, especially before exams, there was always one classmate who would say, ‘The test will be so easy this time! I won’t have to study.’
会捉老鼠的猫不叫,你别总是炫耀自己,多做事,少说话。
Still waters run deep. Don’t show off all the time. Do more and talk less.
我很了解我的太太,但是我总是不懂她为什么生气。
I know my wife really well, but I just never understand why she gets angry.