如果
rú guǒ
Pinyin
Definition
如果
-
- if
- in case
- in the event that
Character Decomposition
Idioms (20)
一如既往
- 1 just as in the past (idiom); as before
- 2 continuing as always
一日不见,如隔三秋
- 1 one day apart seems like three years (idiom)
一清如水
- 1 lit. as clear as water (idiom)
- 2 fig. (of officials etc) honest and incorruptible
了如指掌
- 1 to know sth like the back of one's hand (idiom)
- 2 to know (a person, a place etc) inside out
互为因果
- 1 mutually related karma (idiom); fates are intertwined
- 2 interdependent
Sample Sentences
你这人真干脆如果这次货卖得好,下次给你个大订单!
You are really straightforward! If the product sells well, let’s make a bigger deal next time.
一打啤酒对俄罗斯人来说只是小意思,这是大家都知道的常识。但是你知道吗?俄罗斯人喝啤酒,有一个潜规则,他们如果找你喝酒,绝对不能拒绝。
A dozen of beers is a piece of cake for Russian, which is common sense that everyone knows. But you know that? Russians have a hidden rule when it comes to drinking beers, that is, if they invite you for a drink, you can’t say no.
如果你不想要,想退出要趁早,我没有非要一起到老。
If you don’t want that, quit while it’s still early. I don’t really have to grow old with you.
如果没有你
If I'm without you.
歌曲:如果没有你
Song: If I'm without you.
如果没有你
If there's no you.
如果没有你
If there's no you.
仔细想想,其实还是自己带眼镜比较卫生,而且我本身就戴眼镜,如果用派发的眼镜,还要在自己的眼镜上架着另一副眼镜,特别笨拙。
Think about it, in fact, it is more hygienic to bring your own glasses. And since I already wear glasses, if I place another pair of glasses on top of mine it becomes especially clumsy.
我就是觉得这是在巧立名目,仗着人已经到这里了,如果不买就看不了电影。就像买珍珠奶茶不给吸管一样过分。
I think this is a clever way to get people to buy the glasses taking advantage that you’re already there and can’t watch the movie without the glasses. It like buying bubble milk tea but without providing a straw.
如果我想煮饭,超市就会把新鲜的食材送到我家,他们送的东西包括蔬菜、肉类、海鲜,只要你能想到的应有尽有。
If I want to cook, the delivery people will deliver fresh groceries to my house. What they deliver includes vegetables, meat, seafood and anything you can think of.