助
zhù
Pinyin
Definition
助
-
- to help
- to assist
Character Decomposition
Idioms (11)
助一臂之力
- 1 to lend a helping hand (idiom)
助人为乐
- 1 pleasure from helping others (idiom)
助纣为虐
- 1 lit. helping tyrant Zhou 商紂王|商纣王[Shāng Zhòu wáng] in his oppression (idiom)
- 2 fig. to take the side of the evildoer
- 3 giving succor to the enemy
失道寡助
- 1 an unjust cause finds little support (idiom, from Mencius)
- 2 cf 得道多助[dé dào duō zhù] a just cause attracts much support
守望相助
- 1 to keep watch and defend one another (idiom, from Mencius); to join forces to defend against external aggressors
- 2 mutual help and protection
Sample Sentences
不用了,派个助理就好了。
No need, I'll just arrange an assistant.
王经理,我要为您介绍资讯部的张助理。
Manager Wang, I'd like to introduce Assistant Chang from the IT Department to you.
我要介绍张助理给王经理。
I'd like to introduce Assistant Chang to Manager Wang.
张助理,这位是王经理,他负责的是公司的物流管理。
Assistant Chang, this is Manager Wang. He is responsible for our company's logistics.
我们进食的时候,口腔内部会受到刺激,大脑就会下令分泌能帮助消化食物的唾液,其中又以酸的食物所产生的刺激最为强烈。
When we are eating, we get oral stimulation. Our brain would command the mouth to secrete saliva in order to help digest the food. Among which, sour food induces the most stimulation.
花同样的价钱,我宁愿吃桌餐。上次去吃自助餐,冷冷清清的,每人发个盘子,排着队去拿东西,搞得像要饭的一样。
On the same budget I rather have a table meal. The last time I went lonely. Queuing up with a plate to take the food felt like begging.
你还不知道吧?现在自助餐厅都规定,剩菜太多要罚款呢,看谁还敢多取。
Don’t you know? Restaurants serving buffet have a rule that penalise customers who have too much leftovers.
我早就说应该去吃自助的,按需取菜,选择丰富又不会浪费。
I told you we should have gone for buffet. Not only we don’t waste by taking only what we need but the selection is excellent.
你真是太老土了。我倒觉得吃自助挺卫生的,先取好菜再用餐,就不用和别人的筷子一起在菜里搅来搅去的了。
You’re too old fashioned. On the contrary I think a buffet meal is hygienic. You don’t have to mix your chopsticks with other people’s in the same dish.
3、与其寻求别人的帮助,不如靠自己的力量与智慧解决问题。
Rather than seek help from others, it is better to rely on your own strength and wisdom.