待会儿 (待會兒)
dāi huì r5
Pinyin
Definition
待会儿 (待會兒)
-
- in a moment
- later
- also pr. [dāi huǐ r5] or [dāi hui r5]
Character Decomposition
Idioms (20)
以礼相待
- 1 to treat sb with due respect (idiom)
以逸待劳
- 1 to wait at one's ease for the exhausted enemy
- 2 to nurture one's strength and bide one's time (idiom)
严以责己宽以待人
- 1 to be severe with oneself and lenient with others (idiom)
坐以待毙
- 1 to sit and wait for death (idiom); resigned to one's fate
守株待兔
- 1 lit. to guard a tree-stump, waiting for rabbits (idiom)
- 2 to wait idly for opportunities
- 3 to trust to chance rather than show initiative
Sample Sentences
没问题,待会儿见。
No problem. See you later.
王总,这次您大驾光临待会儿会议结束后,您肯定得留下来给我们指导指导。
Mr Wang, given you’ve honoured us by visiting, after the meeting, you have to stay and share some of your wisdom with us.
您忙!待会儿聊!
I'll let you go then! Chat later!
嗯。先生,待会儿我帮你做足底按摩。如果您觉得我服务得好,以后可以来找我,我是17号。
I see. Excuse me, sir, I'm going to massage the soles of your feet in a little while. If you like my technique you can ask for me next time, I'm No. 17.
有很多,我们说的十八罗汉只是其中最有名的十八个。待会儿我们要去的罗汉堂里有五百个罗汉呢。
There are many. The arhats we're talking about are only the most famous 18 of them. In a bit we're going to go to a Hall of Arhats that has five hundred arhats.
这个景点很大,游客也很多,很容易走丢。待会儿大家尽量跟着我走。
This scenic site is very big and there are lots of tourists. It's very easy to get lost. Later on, everyone do their best to keep up.
不能直邮,要中转。我用过的几家转运公司挺不错的,待会儿发给你。
It can't be directly shipped so it has to be transferred. The transfer companies I've used have all been great. I'll send you their information later.
这样才热闹嘛!待会儿就要抽奖了。不知道今年谁会中大奖?
This is how you create a festive atmosphere! So the raffle drawing is soon. I wonder who's going to get the grand prize this year?
这个……我待会儿悄悄告诉你。
Well... I'll wait a bit and tell you secretly.
哦,要不你让物业帮你收吧,我待会儿也要出去。
How about you get the building to receive it for you? I'm going to hang here a bit then go out as well.