教训 (教訓)
jiào xun
Pinyin
Definition
教训 (教訓)
-
- lesson
- moral
- to chide sb
- to lecture sb
Character Decomposition
Idioms (7)
因材施教
- 1 (idiom) to teach in line with the student's ability
杀彘教子
- 1 to kill a pig as a lesson to the children (idiom); parents must teach by example
画荻教子
- 1 to write on the sand with reeds while teaching one's son (idiom)
- 2 mother's admirable dedication to her children's education
相夫教子
- 1 to assist one's husband and educate the children (idiom)
- 2 the traditional roles of a good wife
言传身教
- 1 to teach by words and example (idiom)
Sample Sentences
教训
to teach a lesson
嗯,你就这样写:经过深刻的反省,以及学校领导的教育帮助,我感到自己错误的严重性。对此,我对学校对老师表示最诚恳的歉意,也向在这起事件中批评、提醒及关心爱护我的老师们同学们表达最诚挚的谢意!作为一个在校学生,我非常热爱我的校园,而通过这次无心之失,我意识到要随时加强安全意识和提高自身球技。同时,也感受到应该更加注意自我言行对学校的影响。我会以这次教训作为起点,争取成为一个德智体全面发展的好学生。最后,再次表达我的歉意!
Uh-huh. You can write it like this: Through profound self-examination as well as educational help from the school's leaders, I have sensed the seriousness of my mistake. Regarding this I express my most sincere apology to the school and to the teachers. Also I want to convey my heartfelt thanks to the teachers and fellow students that criticized me, reminded me and cared for me in this incident. As a full time student, I deeply love my school grounds, and through this unintentional mistake I have realized that I need to increase my awareness of safety at all times and improve my technique when playing ball. At the same time, I have felt that I should pay more attention to the effect of my words and actions on the school. I will use this lesson as a starting point to strive to become a good student who is developing in an all-round way: morally, intellectually and physically. Lastly, I again express my apologies.
好,老子看你今天是来找打的。今天不教训你我就不姓王。
All right pal, I see today you're cruisin' for a bruisin'. I'll teach you a lesson today, or my name isn't Wang.
好了老爸,看你,说着说着又教训起我来了。
Okay, Dad. Look at you, you once again turned our talk into a lesson for me.
哎,我们就是这样,往往要等到出了事才去关注。就拿环境污染来说,因为盲目发展经济而造成的环境污染,是十年二十年都恢复不了的。多少活生生的例子摆在眼前,就是不能吸取教训。
Ugh, that's just the way we are. We always wait until something happens before we start paying any attention. Take pollution for example. Because of reckless economic expansion we've caused pollution that we won't be able to recover from in even 10 or 20 years. There are tons of real life examples right in front of our eyes, but we still don't learn from them.
增长一些教训。
You learned a lesson.
我教训我的孩子,你管得着吗?
I'm disciplining my child. What business is it of yours?
这个Peter, 我一定要好好教训他!喂,要你帮个忙。有个加拿大人,我不想再看到他了。明白吗?
That Peter... I really have to teach him a lesson. Hello? I need your help. There's a Canadian I don't ever want to see again. You get my drift?
放心吧,这次买的绝对是正版的。有了上次的教训我还敢买盗版的吗?虽然正版的比较贵,但质量绝对是可靠的。
Don’t worry. The one I bought this time is definitely legit. After learning my lesson last time, do you think I would dare to buy a pirated copy again? Although official copies are more expensive, the quality is absolutely reliable.