麻烦 (麻煩)
má fan
Pinyin
Definition
麻烦 (麻煩)
-
- inconvenient
- troublesome
- annoying
- to trouble or bother sb
- to put sb to trouble
Character Decomposition
Idioms (8)
心乱如麻
- 1 one's thoughts in a whirl (idiom); confused
- 2 disconcerted
- 3 upset
快刀斩乱麻
- 1 lit. quick sword cuts through tangled hemp (idiom); decisive action in a complex situation
- 2 cutting the Gordian knot
快刀断乱麻
- 1 lit. quick sword cuts through tangled hemp (idiom); decisive action in a complex situation
- 2 cutting the Gordian knot
捡了芝麻丢了西瓜
- 1 to let go of the big prize while grabbing at trifles (idiom)
杀人如麻
- 1 lit. to kill people like scything flax (idiom)
- 2 fig. to kill people like flies
Sample Sentences
口是心非的人很麻烦
People who don't say what they mean are troublesome.
麻烦您了,真不好意思。
Sorry for troubling you.
那还真是麻烦你这个老司机了!
Then I’ve caused this experienced driver (you) much inconvenience!
谢谢主管今天的帮忙,今天真是麻烦你了。路上小心,再见。
I really appreciate your help today. Sorry to have troubled you. Please be careful on the road, goodbye.
那我们要开始做B超了,麻烦妈妈帮我拉一下衣服。
We are going to look at the ultrasound scan. Mom, please help pull up my clothes.
老板,对不起,是我不对。给您添麻烦了。请您原谅。下次会注意的。
Boss, I’m really sorry. It’s my fault. Sorry for inconveniencing you. Please forgive me. Next time I’ll be more careful.
老板,对不起,是我的错。给您添麻烦了。请您见谅。下次不会再犯了。
Boss, I’m really sorry. It’s my fault. Sorry for inconveniencing you. Please forgive me. It won’t happen again next time.
前面的人走得太慢了。不好意思!麻烦快一点儿。
People in front of us are walking too slowly. Excuse me! Please walk a little bit quicker.
人怕出名猪怕肥。做事这么张扬,一定会有麻烦。
Being too famous would ultimately lead to your downfall. Troubles come when you are too ostentatious.
人怕出名猪怕肥”的意思就是人出了名,就会招来很多麻烦,就像猪肥的时候就会被杀来吃。
The proverb means being famous leads to trouble, just as pigs get slaughtered and eaten when they are fat enough.