听得懂 (聽得懂)
tīng de dǒng
Pinyin
Definition
听得懂 (聽得懂)
-
- to understand (by hearing)
- to catch (what sb says)
Character Decomposition
Idioms (20)
一人得道,鸡犬升天
- 1 lit. when a man achieves the Dao, his poultry and dogs rise to Heaven (idiom)
- 2 fig. to ride on sb else's success
- 3 Once one man gets a government position, all his cronies get in too
- 4 Once sb has cracked the problem, every Tom, Dick and Harry can do it
一举两得
- 1 one move, two gains (idiom); two birds with one stone
一蹴而得
- 1 to get there in one step (idiom); easily done
- 2 success at a stroke
- 3 to get results overnight
上不得台盘
- 1 too uncouth to appear in public (idiom)
- 2 unfit for a public role
不入虎穴,焉得虎子
- 1 How do you catch the tiger cub without entering the tiger's lair? (idiom); Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Sample Sentences
他们听得懂汉语吗?
Can they understand Chinese?
听得懂吗?
Do you understand?
现在懂中文的老外越来越多了,在公共场合千万别随便议论外国人,说不定你说什么人家都听得懂,搞不好还要回敬你一句。
These days, more and more foreigners understand Chinese. When you're out in public and around foreigners, by all means, don't talk about them, otherwise they may understand you and maybe even reply.
小安,她在说什么?我只听得懂一句"对不起",其他的都听不懂。
Xiao'an, what is she saying? I only understood one sentence - 'I'm sorry'. I didn't understand the rest.
听得懂一部分。
I can understand a part of it.
哎,我看你听得挺入迷的。他们唱的你都听得懂吗?
Hey, you seem pretty lost in the music. Do you understand everything they're singing?
呵呵,不要小看它,你说什么它都听得懂。关于上马的一些要点我再重复一遍......
Heh-heh. Don't underestimate him. He can understand what you're saying. Let me go over some of the essentials concerning mounting the horse one more time.
他们说什么语言?你听得懂吗?
What language did they speak? Could you understand it?