迟到 (遲到)
chí dào
Pinyin
Definition
迟到 (遲到)
-
- to arrive late
Character Decomposition
Idioms (20)
一条路走到黑
- 1 lit. to follow one road until dark (idiom)
- 2 fig. to stick to one's ways
- 3 to cling to one's course
不到火候不揭锅
- 1 don't act until the time is ripe (idiom)
不到黄河心不死
- 1 lit. not to stop until one reaches the Yellow River (idiom)
- 2 fig. to persevere until one reaches one's goal
- 3 to keep going while some hope is left
不问就听不到假话
- 1 Don't ask and you won't be told any lies. (idiom)
事到临头
- 1 when things come to a head (idiom)
Sample Sentences
我们快迟到了,请加快脚步。
We are almost late. Please hurry up!
我敢打赌,你一定会迟到的。
I bet you'll definitely be late.
完蛋了,我快要迟到了。
I'm done. I am going to be late.
宝贝该起床了,再不起来你上班要迟到了。
Darling, it's time to get up, if you don't get up now you'll be late for work.
你怎么迟到了这么久呀?
Why are you so late?
她根本在我头上点火。这么多人上班开小差,她都睁一只眼闭一只眼。我只不过迟到三分钟,就让我写检讨书。
She's basically sweeping me away. She turns a blind eye to every other employee that is absent-minded all day. I was only late for three minutes and she made me write a feedback report.
不好意思,我迟到了。
Excuse me for being late.
我和客户要开会,但是我迟到了。
I am meeting with a client, but I'm late.
比如说,在开会的时候,一个人迟到,所有人都要等他。这时候就是一颗老鼠屎坏了一锅粥
For example, when we're having a meeting, when one person is late, everyone has to wait for him. This is what we call "One bad apple spoils the whole bunch."
完蛋,要迟到了!
I am done. I will be late.