干吗 (幹嗎)
gàn má
Pinyin
Definition
干吗 (幹嗎)
-
- see 幹嘛|干嘛[gàn má]
Character Decomposition
Idioms (2)
埋头苦干
- 1 to bury oneself in work (idiom); to be engrossed in work
- 2 to make an all-out effort
- 3 up to the neck in work
精明强干
- 1 intelligent and capable (idiom)
Sample Sentences
你干吗?别过去,它会咬人!
What are you doing? Don't go over there! It'll bite.
你干吗火气那么大,那个来了?
Why are you so angry? Is it that time of the month?
那厨房用纸是干吗用的,我好像从来没用过。
Then what are the paper towels used for? I don't think I've ever used them.
你在看什么网页啊?上海国际学校?你又没孩子,看这个干吗?
What website are you looking at? Shanghai International School? You don't even have kids. What are you doing looking at that?
哎哟,你也太好骗了。你以为叫“百叶”就是“百叶”啊?那是牛肚!就是牛的胃。哎,哎,你去干吗?
Man, you're so easily fooled. You thought that “baiye” was made of a hundred leaves? It's cow belly! It's a cow's stomach. Hey, hey, where you going?
哎,你干吗骂人啊?你是不是有病啊?
Hey, what are you doing cursing at someone? Are you insane?
妈,你在干吗啊?又在看柏阿姨。
Mom, what are you doing? You're watching Auntie Bai again.
要我说,都是上了年纪的人了,在家享享清福多好啊,干吗还出来东家长西家短的?
I just want to say that she's already pretty old. She should stay at home and relax. What is she doing coming out and dealing with other people's family problems?
他用力地拍了一下那个巨人的头,说:“你干吗打我?”
He smacked the other giant on the head hard and said: “Why did you hit me?”
老爸,你去干吗了,出去这么久?
Dad, where were you? You were gone for a while.