后悔 (後悔)
hòu huǐ
Pinyin
Definition
后悔 (後悔)
-
- to regret
- to repent
Character Decomposition
Idioms (9)
后悔莫及
- 1 too late for regrets (idiom); It is useless to repent after the event.
悔不当初
- 1 to regret one's past deeds (idiom)
悔之无及
- 1 too late for regrets (idiom); It is useless to repent after the event.
悔恨交加
- 1 to feel remorse and shame (idiom)
悔过自新
- 1 to repent and start afresh (idiom); to turn over a new leaf
Sample Sentences
我啊,这说来话长了,总之,我吃了我丈夫的长生不老药,就飞到月亮上来了,现在真是后悔啊...
Me? It's a long story. In sum, I ate my husband's elixir of immortality and then flew to the moon, now I really regret it...
当然在全球政局比较动荡的年代,我们也听到过过诸如,是可忍孰不可忍、悬崖勒马以及勿谓言之不预等较强烈的外交辞令。其中“勿谓言之不预”意为,不要说没有事先跟你说过。指把话说在前面,也就是警告对方事后别后悔。
Of course in an era with a relatively tumultuous political climate, I've also heard stronger diplomatic rhetoric like, "是可忍孰不可忍", meaning "If this is permissible, what isn't permissible?", "悬崖勒马", an idiom mean "to avert disaster in the nick of time" and "无谓言之不预“ meaning, "we have already given fair warning". Suggesting that something has already been said, as a warning to someone else not to regret their actions afterward.
哎呀!我后悔极了!当时我太饿了!
Man! I really regret it! I was so hungry at the time!
要是你不看,你会后悔死。
If you don't watch it, you really will regret it.
是啊,而且我刚才不应该吃那一大块巧克力的,太贪嘴,现在真是后悔。
Yeah, also, I shouldn't have eaten that big bit of chocolate, it was so greedy of me, now i'm really regretting it.
你还真是“逆来顺受”。好吧,也许你这么想,就不会像我一样常常后悔自己做过的事、说过的话。但,要是可能,我还是宁愿有回到过去的机会。
You're really resigned to your fate. OK, maybe thinking like you do, won't leave you like me, always regretting the things you've done and said. However, if it were possible, I would rather have an opportunity to return to the past.
我很后悔离开了我的妻子,我现在感觉很孤独。
I regret leaving my wife because now I feel very lonely.
对于你爷爷的过世,我很后悔。
I regret that your grandfather has passed away.
后悔
to regret
小屏很后悔当时的冲动,如果大家能坐下来谈,事情也许就不会这样。
Xiao Ping really regrets the impulsive actions then. If everyone could have sat down and talked, the situation wouldn't be like this.