乐园 (樂園)
lè yuán
Pinyin
Definition
乐园 (樂園)
-
- paradise
Character Decomposition
Idioms (20)
何乐而不为
- 1 What can you have against it? (idiom)
- 2 We should do this.
- 3 Go for it!
助人为乐
- 1 pleasure from helping others (idiom)
千里马常有,而伯乐不常有
- 1 lit. there are many swift horses, but very few who can spot them (idiom)
- 2 fig. many have talent, but few can recognize talent when they see it
及时行乐
- 1 to enjoy the present (idiom); to live happily with no thought for the future
- 2 make merry while you can
- 3 carpe diem
吃喝玩乐
- 1 to eat, drink and be merry (idiom)
- 2 to abandon oneself to a life of pleasure
Sample Sentences
上海开埠以后,各路外国人、华侨,还有全国各地的移民都涌进来找机会,怪不得说上海是冒险家的乐园。
After the foundation of Shanghai, there were foreigners and overseas Chinese everywhere. Lots of Chinese immigrants also rushed into Shanghai looking for opportunities. No wonder everyone said that Shanghai was a ''Paradise for Adventurers."
我对人忒有兴趣,北京有人,形形色色,跟我有很不一样的想法,也跟我说着不一样的话,对我来说,简直是乐园!其次,我学中文的时候就对各种古迹还有历史文化特别感兴趣,亲眼见识到之后,只有更加着迷。最后,我未婚夫是北京人。
I'm really interested in people and Beijing is full of all sorts of people with very different ways of thinking and who speak a different language from me. For me, this is pretty much paradise! Secondly, while studying Chinese I became particularly interested in all kinds of historical sites and culture. Seeing these in person only heightened my interest. And finally, my fiance is from Beijing.
让我想想,有了,去上海迪士尼乐园吧!
Let me think. I've got it. Let's go to Shanghai Disneyland!
好啊!就在家门口,想想就激动,和香港迪士尼乐园一样吗?
OK! It's right on our doorstep. I'm excited just thinking about it. Is it the same as Hong Kong Disneyland?
迪士尼乐园都差不多吧,都是主题乐园,像“米奇大街”啦,“探险岛”啦,这样的。
All the Disneylands are pretty similar, no? They are all theme parks, with "Mickey Avenue", "Adventure Isle" and so on.
哎呀,咱们快订票吧,对对对,还要预定最火的迪斯尼乐园主题酒店!
Ah, let's hurry up and book the tickets. Yes, yes, we should also book the Disneyland Resort Hotel. It's really popular!
我在游乐园玩了一轮。
I've done a whole round of the theme park.
儿童乐园到了!宝宝,你想先玩什么?
We've arrived at the play area! Sweetie, where do you want to go play first?
票买好了,我们快进去吧!今天游乐园有很多人。
I’ve bought the tickets! Let’s hurry up and go in! There are a lot of people at the amusement park today.