Different (Weird) Foods!!
Okay, so what has been the strangest,weirdest, and grossest foods in China. I'll start and I would have to say rice and earth worms or chicken feet.
bababardwanAugust 04, 2010, 01:04 PM
I've only seen pics or videos of a lot of the foods a westerner like myself would deem strange, but I guess one that has left an impression is drunken shrimp. Have you struck that one before?
simonpetterssonAugust 05, 2010, 04:19 AM
Incidentally, here's a great recipe for anyone who wishes to try some genuine Cantonese food:
Boiled animal, Cantonese style
- Take a walk. Try going to the park, down to the river or to wherever large heaps of trash are found (such as right outside your door). When you see something that moves, make sure it's not human, then kill it and bring it home. Depending on the size, you might have to kill several in order to make it a full meal.
- On your way back, if you see something greenish, bring it with you. Don't worry about flavor, we'll get rid of that soon enough.
- If the animal is larger than bite sized, chop it into pieces. Don't worry about bones or skin, but don't chop up the head! That's the best part, and we want it to be staring at you with its dead, innocent little eyes as you eat it.
- Chuck everything into a large pot of boiling water. Let boil for a fortnight or until it assumes a snot-like consistency and an even, grey color. Don't forget to not add any spices.
- Arrange the animal parts into a mockery of its former shape. The plants who have not disintegrated can stay in the water. Serve with huge quantities of white rice.
- Enjoy! Or, as we say in Guangdong, "Ngóh móuh giu nī yeuhng yéh"!