Questions are a little short on the ground today as 圣诞节 is begining to intrude on my study time. I have some though and think that they may take a while to talk through.
1) What is a Dishwashing machine called in china. I have two guesses 洗碗机 and 电洗碗.
2) I just encountered the character 被 I read about it in a grammar book but am not convinced I understand it. Can you help me with some examples..?
3) 气温 is air temprature. Should I say 今天气温是零下六度 or is 今天是零下六度 enough...
trevorbDecember 20, 2010, 08:59 PM
1) My first guess was correct 洗碗机 is the correct name for a dishwasher.
2) 被 is used to change around a sentence
我把苹果吃了 uses 把 for preposition and means
I ate the apple.
whereas if you use 被
苹果被我吃了 this actually means
the apple was eaten by me
A further example
（复杂 means complicated. 这个问题有一点儿复杂 = this question is a little bit complicated)
3) Either of these is correct but the first is a little long. Can also use 温度 which means temperature rather than air temperature.
helencao_counselorDecember 21, 2010, 03:51 AM