Again I will probably need to resort to some English but here we go...
1) How do you say face book in Chinese? My guess is .. . . is that right?
2) In this sentence 看见了没 what makes this a question? Should it have a 吧 ?
3) How do I use 嘛 without people thinking I used 吗 ?
4) Why is 科幻片 not 科幻电影 ?
5) Is there a special food eaten on National day?
trevorbSeptember 27, 2010, 08:54 PM
1) Chinese people say: facebook to although they may also rarely say
Some web sites have Chinese names such as 谷歌 Gu3Ge (google) but many use western names.
猜 cai1 to guess is a verb!! I said 我的猜 and should have said 我猜是
trevorbSeptember 27, 2010, 09:09 PM
3) Recognising whether the ma in use is the question one is about tone of voice.
你吃了嘛？ The emphasised ma is a lighter more casual tone
你吃了吗？ Question ma is more deliberate