这 (這)
zhè
Pinyin
Definition
这 (這)
-
- this
- these
- (commonly pr. [zhèi] before a classifier, esp. in Beijing)
Character Decomposition
Idioms (3)
这山望着那山高
- 1 lit. the next mountain looks taller (idiom); fig. not satisfied with one's current position
- 2 the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
过了这个村就没这个店
- 1 past this village, you won't find this shop (idiom)
- 2 this is your last chance
过了这村没这店
- 1 past this village, you won't find this shop (idiom)
- 2 this is your last chance
Sample Sentences
媳妇儿啊,看看我们的小宝贝儿,这脸蛋儿多可爱!但他自个儿在这儿玩儿,好像有点儿孤单。我们再生个孩子,给他做个伴儿吧!
My dear, look at our little baby, what a cute face! But he’s playing here by himself, and he seems a little lonely. Let’s have another baby to keep him company!
我先生今儿出门儿的时候,说要和大学同学聚餐,我总觉得不对劲儿,一定有事儿,就打电话问了一个熟人,他就露馅儿了,我压根儿没想到他会这样骗我。
When my husband went out today and said he was going to have dinner with his college friends, I couldn’t help feeling that something was wrong. I called an acquaintance and he gave my husband away. I had no idea he would lie to me like that.
恕我冒昧,这个数字太高了,我们根本不可能做到。
The number is way too high, it’s impossible for us to achieve.
主管,恕我直言,我认为这个做法太没效率了。
Mister, sorry for being too direct, I think this way might be too inefficient.
老实说,我觉得这个提案很难执行。
Honestly speaking, I think it’s hard to proceed with your proposal.
老实说,我不这么认为。
Honestly speaking, I don’t see it that way.
你说得很有道理,但是这个提案成本太高了。
What you say makes a lot of sense, but the proposal costs too high.
这个提案好是好,但是成本太高了。
This is a great idea, but the costs are too high.
这个提案好是好就是场地有问题。
This is a great idea, except that there are some problems with the location.
你说得很有道理,但是我不这么认为。
You make a lot of sense, but I don’t think it this way.