我
wǒ
Pinyin
Definition
我
-
- I
- me
- my
Character Decomposition
Idioms (16)
三人行,必有我师
- 1 lit. if three walk together, one can be my teacher (idiom, from the Analects of Confucius)
- 2 you have sth to learn from everyone
人为刀俎,我为鱼肉
- 1 lit. to be the meat on sb's chopping block (idiom)
- 2 fig. to be at sb's mercy
你死我活
- 1 lit. you die, I live (idiom); irreconcilable adversaries
- 2 two parties cannot coexist
你争我夺
- 1 lit. you fight, I snatch (idiom); to compete fiercely offering no quarter
- 2 fierce rivalry
- 3 tug-of-war
你走你的阳关道,我过我的独木桥
- 1 lit. you hit the high road, I'll cross the log bridge (idiom)
- 2 fig. you go your way, I'll go mine
- 3 you do it your way, I'll do it mine
Sample Sentences
我的老板是个说一不二的人。
My boss is a man of his word.
我说一不二,你放心。
I stand by my word. Don’t worry.
你送了我一个独一无二的礼物。
You gave me a unique present.
媳妇儿啊,看看我们的小宝贝儿,这脸蛋儿多可爱!但他自个儿在这儿玩儿,好像有点儿孤单。我们再生个孩子,给他做个伴儿吧!
My dear, look at our little baby, what a cute face! But he’s playing here by himself, and he seems a little lonely. Let’s have another baby to keep him company!
我先生今儿出门儿的时候,说要和大学同学聚餐,我总觉得不对劲儿,一定有事儿,就打电话问了一个熟人,他就露馅儿了,我压根儿没想到他会这样骗我。
When my husband went out today and said he was going to have dinner with his college friends, I couldn’t help feeling that something was wrong. I called an acquaintance and he gave my husband away. I had no idea he would lie to me like that.
明儿你就给我出门儿去找工作,别成天赖在家里。没个正经工作,我看你上哪儿找媳妇儿!
Tomorrow You’re gonna go out and get a job. Don’t stay home all day. If you don’t have a serious job, I’ll see where you can find a wife!
恕我冒昧,这个数字太高了,我们根本不可能做到。
The number is way too high, it’s impossible for us to achieve.
主管,恕我直言,我认为这个做法太没效率了。
Mister, sorry for being too direct, I think this way might be too inefficient.
恕我冒昧,我不同意。
Please forgive me for being rude. I don’t agree.
坦白说,你们的商品质量太低了,我不想和你们一起合作。
Frankly speaking, your products are not up to standards. I wouldn’t like to cooperate with you.