User Comments - baronjon
Posted on: Going to an International SchoolSeptember 16, 2013, 04:18 PM
In the lesson (around the 29 second mark), Vera says something like
Sat, AP, 对的这种。跟中国，他们的中国学上标准不一样的.
1. What's the character for the onomanopeia that says after sat (ah), ap (ah)..
2. Does she say "跟中国，他们的中国学上标准不一样的."? I feel like I hear something wrong.
Posted on: Visit to a Temple (Part 1)September 06, 2013, 02:40 PM
Really interesting lesson.
Having never been to China, I love hearing lessons like this one. It feels like looking into a completely different but beautiful world.
Mostly as an exercise for myself. I've been trying to transcribe and translate the lesson dialouges between John and Dilu. Kind of like an intense listening drill. Also, I remember staying in the intermediate level longer than I wanted to soly because I couldn't understand the conversations between John and Dilu. (not that I mind the format, I like it actually.)
If anyone finds it helpful, I've posted both the Chinese transcript and their English translations to the group here . Or you can just view the pdf of the transcript and translation " Visiting a temple part 1.pdf "
A couple of things to note.
- I've only being studying Chinese for 11 months. So there's bound to be mistakes in this transcript. I would love to get your feedback as it will help me improve.
- I decided not to do a word for translation of the lesson but opted instead to translate how the sentence "felt" to me. If this is annoying, let me know and i'll change it.
- Lastly, I've just started doing this and so it takes me a long time. I stopped half way through the dialogue so that I could go to work but I will probably finish it tomorrow. Ps. feel free to contribute if you like.
Posted on: Misunderstood Taxi DestinationNovember 30, 2012, 08:02 AM
I've only been learning Chinese for 2 and 1/2 months. But I honestly can't imagine what this journey would have been like if I hadn't found ChinesePod in the beginning. I obviously have a lot more to learn. But thank you ChinesePod having lessons such as this one that make it enjoyable.
John, Dilu, Jenny: I talk about you guys to my friends as if you live next door to me. I'm always like "John said this. Jenny said that. Dilu was talking about that." lol. Crazy I know.
When I visit China next year, seeing the ChinesePod.com headquarters will definitely be on my list must do's.
Posted on: Lili and Zhang Liang 1: A Fated MeetingSeptember 17, 2012, 09:57 AM
Um. Elementary and bridge are becoming faily easy to follow and understand without translation. Yay! But should I be in this level if I can't follow Jenny in the Lesson? I feel lost for sure.