Chinese Conversation Questions
If you know something about Mandarin and you don't mind helping, please take a look at my translations below and tell me if they are okay. These are questions that I'm going to use with my language partner. I'm thinking about making a series of topics and posting them in a group. That way, if people want they can print them out and practice like I am, or better yet, they can write a response in the comment section so everyone can learn and provide feedback. If anybody has any thoughts, let me know.
- What is the most shocking advertisement you have seen?
- What is the funniest advertisement you have seen? Describe it.
- What makes an ad memorable?
- What are the different types of advertising? (Eg. TV)
- Do you buy products because of advertising?
- Do you find advertising persuasive?
- Why do you buy one product over another?
- Should advertisers be allowed to advertise to children?
- Should alcohol or tobacco companies be allowed to advertise? Why or why not?
- What do you think of celebrity endorsements?
- Is there truth in advertising?
- What kinds of advertisements attract your attention?
- Why is it necessary to advertise?
helenshen_counselorAugust 05, 2009, 07:57 AM
@xiaophil, I have some different opinions on the translation, you did a very good job, and the changes I made are really subtle ones. FYI,
1. What is the most shocking advertisement you have seen? 什么广告让你最大吃一惊？ 让你最震惊的广告是什么？
2.What is the funniest advertisement you have seen? Describe it.
3.Why is it necessary to advertise?
4.Do you find advertising persuasive?
5. What kinds of advertisements attract your attention?
那种广告吸引你？哪种广告吸引你？（it must be a typo）