What's the term for "look-alike" characters?

July 13, 2013, 04:04 AM posted in General Discussion

For example: 同向问回词司 , I routinely mix these up.

For alphabet-based languages we have synonyms, homonyms, and homophones, they need special care while studying. For Chinese , it seems groups of similar-looking characters should have a term as well, no?

Is there a term for groups of look-alike characters in Chinese, and maybe a way to see the full group to help distinguish them ?

No comments yet.