xueliOctober 12, 2009, 05:19 AM
Another important reason I have to learn Chinese is for my new daughter. She was born in April and she's Chinese/American/Filipino I really feel it's important for her to be in touch with her Chinese culture. I hope that I can someday talk to my daughter in Chinese equally as well as I can in English.
grace_counselorOctober 12, 2009, 05:59 AM
Hi Xueli, this is your first month plan.
Week Commencing: 10/12/2009
1. Elementary - Connecting with Email
2. Elementary - What do you do?
3. Elementary - This room is too small
4. Elementary - A Walk in the Park
1. Elementary - Morning Hygiene
2. Elementary - I can't find my glasses!
3. Elementary - Borrowing and Returning
4. Elementary - My computer froze!
1. Elementary - Discussing Eating
2. Elementary - What would you like to drink?
3. Elementary - Do you have vegetables?
4. Elementary - Cooking
1. Elementary - Office Policy: Internet
2. Elementary - My boss isn't satisfied
3. Elementary - Calling in Sick
4. Elementary - Bank Hours
xueliOctober 16, 2009, 03:48 AM
Have a question.
When I using 收. I can 收 anything? Not just emails right? I can use the word 收 when I want to send a package in the mail or send a gift to someone. Can I use this word like that?
xueliOctober 16, 2009, 03:56 AM
I also wanted to know the differerent rules on how to properly use the word 的。 I am familiar with using it to show possession. However, I was talking with my friend and he used the word 的 at the end of the sentence, The sentence meant I will certainly get better. I wasn't sure why de was at the end of the sent., but I'd like to learn how to properly place 的 in my sentences too.
grace_counselorOctober 16, 2009, 04:29 AM
收means to receive, so you can 收邮件(you2jian4;emails)，收礼物(li3wu4;gifts)，收邮包(you2bao1;a package in the mail); to send is 发(fa1), so you also can 发邮件，but we don't say 发礼物, because "to send" has several equivalent words in Chinese, you should say 送礼物.
grace_counselorOctober 12, 2009, 05:56 AM
我给你发了邮件。I've sent you an email, but in the email I forgot to mention the lesson time. So I will post it here.
Next lesson will be next Friday 12:00(GMT+08:00), for you is 23:00. I'm sorry it's a little bit late.