What happened to uservoice?
Ok, the Chinesepod uservoice site is still up and running, but there used some link on the Chinesepod site - which I can't find anymore.
Although I am quite excited about the integration of Skritter, it's pretty much a response to a user suggestion (http://chinesepod.uservoice.com/pages/9762-general/suggestions/95933-add-more-character-writing-and-reading-functionality-).
Interestingly enough, topic suggestions are back to community discussions.
JoachimApril 14, 2010, 10:04 AM
Just a quick status overview on chinesepod.uservoice.com.
The eleven completed ideas (my comments added)comprise:
- add PDFs to qing wen dialogues (fine)
- Use Distinct Pronunciation (not a problem for me, anyway)
- enhance expansion exercises (fine by me)
- Add more character writing ... (Skritter ROCKS!)
- Word of the day (twitter, hm)
- make more video stories (huh? Did I miss anything after the menu stealer)
- Portable Flash Cards ... for iPhone (ok)
- Add Pleco 2 Compatible Downloads
- Is this forum (uservoice) still being used? (doesn't look like that)
- improve trad. char. support in all areas (bingo)
- improve lesson search (it's improved, but ...)
Another 19 have been accepted and loads are still pending.
xiao_liangApril 14, 2010, 11:06 AM
It seems they are being more transparent (the highest voted suggestion) in some ways - news and features does contain a lot of these behind the scenes details, but it's very frustrating that there's so little interaction in the conversations threads from chinesepod, beyond superstars like lujiaojie and connie who answer language questions. Questions about tech issues etc are often seemingly ignored, which makes it very hard to feel like part of a collaborative community. What happened to the community advocates?