Setting Up Anki
Some users have had questions about setting up Anki flashcards to fit ChinesePod's format.
A user, Roy, took the time and sent us this set-up configuration for characters and pinyin on the front, English on the back:
ANKI>EDIT >CARD LAYOUT
on the front of the card ('question') - add this:
and on the reverse ('answer') , add this:
miskatMarch 26, 2012, 06:34 AM
I believe that there is somewhere instructions how to import words from ChinesePod to Anki, but I cannot seem to find them anymore.
Yes, John did a blog on it around April 2009 I think, but I too can't find the link now! Going from memory (since it's been a while since I downloaded some CPod words into Anki):-
- Go to the Vocabulary tab on the CPod website
- Click on export vocabulary and select the Anki option
- Save the ".txt" file somewhere convenient on your computer
- Open Anki and log in
- Import the ".txt" file you saved above
- Hit "synchronise" or something similar
- Finally, go to the Anki app on your phone and (for Android) select "sync all" button at the bottom of the All Decks screen.
I'm obviously missing some of the specific details above, but hopefully it's enough to get you there. I'll try to remember to post a more detailed step-by-step instruction next time I export some more vocab. I'm still working through my first batch of 5000 Cpod words!
chrisMarch 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
OK, I just remembered, the instructions were covered by a John blog post mentioned in a News & Features (22 March 2009). The link to the N&F is as follows:-
The intro to the N&F includes a hyperlink to John's blog-post, but it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment (I'm currently without VPN). Hopefully this helps you though.