Could someone please help me by translating 花露水 into English? I used one translator that indicated that it meant toilet water, but I am hoping that is not right based on the conversation that I was having.
And if you don't know what that is, here's a handy guide to different types of perfume based on concentration (from wikipedia):
- Perfume extract, or simply perfume (Extrait): 15-40% (IFRA: typical 20%) aromatic compounds
- Esprit de Parfum (ESdP): 15-30% aromatic compounds, a seldom used strength concentration in between EdP and perfume
- Eau de Parfum (EdP), Parfum de Toilette (PdT): 10-20% (typical ~15%) aromatic compounds, sometimes listed as "eau de perfume" or "millésime"
- Eau de Toilette (EdT): 5-15% (typical ~10%) aromatic compounds
- Eau de Cologne (EdC): Chypre citrus type perfumes with 3-8% (typical ~5%) aromatic compounds
- Perfume mist: 3-8％ aromatic compounds (typical non-alcohol solvent)
- Splash and After shave: 1-3% aromatic compounds