User Comments - coldbrian

Profile picture


Posted on: Cleaning the Air Conditioning
February 17, 2015, 03:32 PM

I believe they use the term 冷气 (lěngqì) in Taiwan as well.

Posted on: Chinese Wordplay
September 02, 2012, 03:17 PM

There are also a few references out there in print; I ran across this Chinese-English edition on a recent bookhunt to Taibei:

If you search for "xiehouyu" in Amazon, you'll come up with 4-5 other titles as well.

Posted on: A Qing Wen to Our Listeners
March 10, 2012, 06:37 PM

To continue in the medical vein (sorry!), how about the different ways one can get hurt or injured? Or "emergency" Chinese if you prefer?

Posted on: Taking it all off
February 22, 2009, 07:41 PM

Hi imdaniu--

In the current Firefox browser, it's even easier--it lets you zoom in and out using the keyboard combinations Ctrl-PLUS and Ctrl-MINUS, respectively.

I find this very handy when you don't want to permanently alter the browser's font display size, but need to quickly zoom in on a piece of a page, like say, a 27-stroke traditional character displayed in 10-point type.

Hope that helps, ---Brian